Monday, June 19, 2017

On Every Song That Makes Me Cry And The Lyrics That Get Me:

1. Vincent, Don McClean (1971): "And when there was no hope in sight on that starry, starry night--- you took your life as lovers often do".
2. La Vie En Rose, Édith Piaf (1945): "Et dès que je l’aperçois. Alors je sens en moi" It means "I loved this dude." But it's in French.
3. Hurt by Trent Reznor: (1994): "If I could start again a million miles away I would keep myself. I would find a way." Dude never had a support system until Atticus Ross. Give him a break.
4. 
La madre de fabian, Javier Alvarez (1995): This song is about a kid who drowns his mom. I'm actually not posting the--- fuck it, "Desde entonces a menudo cuando el sueño me ha vencido
con aletas en los pies jugando con un pez veo a veces a fabián, dulce mar, dulce mar, sumérgeme en tu sal"
5. Cats In The Cradle, Henry Chaplin (1974): "My boy was just like me". Nice job, dickweed, you produced another emotionally banal shithead that doesn't value family. (not talking about the songwriter, just the narrative).
6 When I Laid In The Earth:(Unknown): "Remember me". Does shit get any more sad than the archetypal "I'd rather not die right now but here goes nothing" statement?
7. He Stopped Loving Her Today, George Jones, (1980). "
He stopped loving her today. They placed a wreath upon his door. And soon they'll carry him away He stopped loving her today. [seriously, it's a song that leads you to believe his girlfriend just left but really she flat-out died. Saddest shit in the world[
8 Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac: (1997) Don't You say she's pretty? And did you say that she loved you too? I don't wanna know.
9..
Symphony No. 1 by Daniel Bukvitch (1978): It's just a wind ensemble whispering
gently about the city from Slaughterhouse 5. No big deal. Who's crying? You're the

one that's crying!
10. 
Gloomy Sunday, by Rezső Seress (1933). I don't know how you beat this one. It's not all that sad unless you're old. But I've played this monster for relatives and let me tell you, not a single one made it all the way through. It's a song for when you're old enough to die, but can't take the pain of memories and situations you've endured another four minutes.

So yeah, don't listen to these unless you want to be really fucking sad. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment